Membership Participation in SCACDL:
- Provides a systematic method for the sharing of our Motions, Pleadings, Brief Bank and the very popular Listserv;
- Provides seminars that are wholly defense oriented, providing the opportunity for free and open exchange;
Provides the opportunity to hear outstanding speakers such as Martin S. Pinales current president of the National Assoc. Of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Cincinnati, OH; Dan Monnat two-term Past President of the Kansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, has served as a member of the NACDL Board of Directors, and is a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers; Steve Lindsay an instructor at the National Assoc. Of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Asheville, NC; William “Billy” Murphy, Jr. listed as one of the top five lawyers in the State of Maryland and successfully represented Don King; James M. Doyle previously headed the statewide Public Defender Division of the Massachusetts Committee for Public Counsel Services, Boston, MA; Annabell W. Hall nationally recognized expert in defense of sexual abuse prosecution, Reno, NV; John E. Mays Alabama’s foremost expert in child abuse prosecution. Mr. Mays successfully defended Gary Wayne Drinkard who was acquitted after spending five years on Alabama’s death row, Decatur, AL; Past Presidents of NACDL as well as leading South Carolina criminal defense attorneys.
- Organize an effective means to assure the legislature is made aware of its responsibilities to protect our citizens from unwarranted governmental action;
- Maintain an effective, high profile in the General Assembly and keep our membership informed of legislative issues being debated and of enacted legislation that affects the practice of criminal law;
- Provides interaction with leading Criminal Defense Attorneys in South Carolina.